Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pathfinder- Ralen Bek

Calamity has befallen me. As I traveled along the roads I found myself shift through realms and in the process lost a bit of the power that my god had given me. I find myself unable to cast spells or to summon Sprinkles, my horse, once more. I do not know how it happened but I ended up in a city that had recently undergone a religious revolt in the name of some serpent god.


I found myself conversing with the king of the nation state when out of nowhere a dwarf rocketed through one of the windows and demanded something from the king. This was quickly followed by a catfolk rubbing his hair. I do not understand that. The dwarf got what he wanted but had to pay for it and then rocketed out of the room through another window. I accepted a quest and went off on my way, only to find that the dwarf and catfolk were with me now.


I have been tasked along with the fighter and rogue to rescue a diplomat from a city built atop five dragons. This will be an interesting task. We decided to go stock up on magical items and so went shopping for a little bit. I acquired gauntlets of the merciful knight so that I could lay on hands more. After I bought the gauntlets a voice spoke to me and asked for help. It appeared that this fellow was stuck in hell and I assisted him in escaping with the purchase of some demon’s blood to make a portal. A devil tried to come up with the elf but the fighter dropped a crate on it so it fell back down. Apparently this elf fellow jumped into hell to kill a demon so that the rest of the party would survive and won.


That little fiasco done we went to sleep and the next day took a balloon up to the city. We were asked to undergo a test there and all but the cleric complied. The test was to fly through a cloud. A bolt of lightning tried to strike me, a cloud snake flew around the rogue, and the clouds turned red for the fighter. I do not trust the dwarf very much due to this and later actions. All but the cleric moved along to the next part of the city. We examined several magical shops and then were about to move on to the next part of the city when it became apparent that the cleric had snuck into the city through some means. The guards were less than happy about this and attempted to arrest him. The elf managed to talk his way out of it and then joined us on the way to the next part of the city.


At the next portion of the city I blessed a priest of the local religion and then moved on to find some tea. I did find some tea and had some with the local prophet along with the elf who I had rescued from Hell. The dwarf joined us and we conversed on several matters then the prophet asked us to bring the rogue to the hall. We all agreed we had no idea where the rogue was and so the Prophet used a magic staff to ascertain his location. We all followed and it appeared that the rogue had found the missing ambassador. The ambassador was again detained and the four of us were lead back to the hall to have more tea.


Everything was amicable until one of the city’s constructs returned from raiding. This construct had been accidentally activated by the dwarf and the Prophet was less than pleased to see this. Hostilities broke out and I slew the Prophet while the rest of the group dealt with the guards. It quickly became apparent then that the Prophet had been the one keeping the city organized and the dragons under control as the city started to plummet.


We found the ambassador quickly and then the rogue and the ambassador jumped, their safety ascertained with a cloak of gliding. I followed, having been given that ability to fly by my Celestial Armor. The dwarf apparently summoned a demon of sorts and was hurtled off the city at an extremely high speed. The elf took an escape eagle.


The rogue noticed that the dwarf flying at extremely high speeds was not normal and attempted to intercept the fighter. He was successful in this and apparently stopped the dwarf from killing the ambassador but could not escape the grasp of the dwarf then. The two of them made a decent sized crater in the ground. I arrived then and punched the dwarf into unconsciousness before the cleric and I healed the rogue.

We are now stuck out here in the wilderness with no idea where we are. What an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment