Monday, September 22, 2014

Call of Cthulhu - MSG Steve

These past few hours have been very very confusing to me. I was out on leave at a local coffee shop, enjoying some alone time by myself when out of nowhere I found that the walls of the building had been consumed by an inky black substance. Another patron of the store was also stuck in the black substance as he tried to leave the building and hysterics were present in the barista and another patron.


To my embarrassment, I was not able to determine any way out until two of the other patrons in the same predicament as me attempted to tunnel through the floor. I assisted them, creating a hole in the ground but it only lead to more of the black substance. The barista jumped into the hole at the insistence of another patron, a writer I think, and was never seen again as the black substance swallowed the five of us left in the building. I take pride in being the last to go.


The five of us then found ourselves stuck in a void of some kind with a worm approaching to undoubtedly eat us. Before it could do so however, something struck it down with lightning and we found ourselves transported once more.


This time the five of us woke up next to a river in a canyon, with one of the group in serious hysterics. The writer stayed with him while the rest of us went off to follow the river. Coming to a fork in the river, the three of us split up to explore each pathway. I took the professor of history that had found his way into this situation and as we returned to the fork in the river I heard a scream and wolfs howling. The professor and I quickly met up with the other fellow who had come with us but had nothing to report. As the woman was now likely dead and the person in hysterics useless to any cause, the professor and I resolved to press on whilst the other fellow decided to go back.


Needless to say, our decision proved to be superb. After a bit more walking we found our way to a camp in the local area and discovered we were in the Grand Canyon area. After a discussion with the local park ranger, I convinced him and two other campers to accompany myself and the professor back down into the canyon to see if our friends still lived. Sadly, we found the corpse of the women but were able to retrieve the one in hysterics and the fellow who had gone back to find them.

The wolves are howling in the distance again. It would not normally concern me but something about these howls is more offsetting than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment