Saturday, February 8, 2014

Pathfinder - Ralen Bek

Despite the fact that we were told this task would be difficult, we encountered no such thing. There were some minor problems with some kind of monster, a catoblepas I think. It does not matter really as it died quite fast due to an attack by the rogue. The farm of the ogre druid was quite easy to find. This is probably due to the fact that the ogres were expecting more goblins and had been experiencing no problems with them.

I kicked down the unlocked gate as the rogue sneaked over the fence and so drew the attention of a boar with some gourds that grant the ability to breathe fire to those who consume it. We calmed it, took the gourds from it, and then killed it. The dwarf then stated his desire to ride every animal that was present. He succeeded at this.

We sent the rogue to scout out the place and he returned with news of a ferret, an owlbear, and the two ogres we knew to be there. We quite simply walked up to the house then, and killed the owlbear with some difficulty. The fight with the owlbear drew the attention of one of the ogres and the ferret. The dwarf, true to his word, rode the ferret while I killed the ogre with ease. Sidenote: the dwarf also rode the owlbear.

We all went into the house then and examined the first level. The elf threw up when he opened the door to what appeared to be the younger ogre’s room. The rogue and I ascended to the second floor, the floor with the ogre we had been sent to kill. The rogue struck first and then I smote him, cutting the ogre in half with one strike. We grabbed his items and then left the house so that we could set it on fire. I acquired a flaming spear and an elk skull mask with one antler. The rogue took some new armor while the cleric took an amulet of natural armor and the dwarf took some more of the fire gourds along with the owlbear pelt, some gold, and a stuffed dire corby.

We went back to the tribe then and I decided to call a moot of the local goblin tribes. I was told it would take a few days and so I sent out a call for assistance to my god. A few paladins arrived some days later along with the goblins tribes. and we had talks. I pointed out how if the tribes worked together that they would present a stronger threat to those who threaten them, like ogres or humans or giants. I also pointed out that they would be a stronger economic force and that the quality of life that they all had would increase. It took a decent speech but I managed to get the tribes to assemble themselves into a confederation with each tribes leader getting a vote on important matters.

I wonder how long this confederation will last. Perhaps I will use it to depose the deranged god that the dwarf helped put into power.

No comments:

Post a Comment