Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pathfinder - Lanius

I was out hunting today when I came across a sight most odd. Several other people had struck down my prey before I could and were enjoying the catfish. A pack of semi intelligent locals appeared then, drawn to the scent of the kill and the elf was struck by one of their paralyzing spears. The dwarf in the group tossed this elf to the locals and the locals carried him off. The elf returned later, a bit annoyed, so all was well. I enjoyed a bit of the catfish that the group had killed as they told me their story.

It would appear that there are people inhabiting the elven city to the south once more, a lovely story if there ever was one and these people were on their way to conduct a ritual. I decided to join them and enjoyed a bit of an adventure with them on the way. There were two goblins with the group, one to conduct the ritual, the other to be the sacrifice for the ritual. Like most sacrifices that I have seen he was not happy about this but there was little he could do for he was missing quite a bit of his body.

There was a small side adventure when the two goblins got kidnapped but we easily retrieved them and then we went to the plane where the God of the Hunt resided. There were tracks of quite some size going one way so we went the other way and came across another party of explorers. It quickly came apparent that it would be in our best interests to work together and so we all set off to find this beast whose tracks we had seen earlier. The beast was quite intimidating and we lost all of the other party in the process but we ended up killing it. The dwarf scored a particularly great blow against it and the beast chased around the elf a lot.

We came back from the plane of the hunt only to find that the goblin shaman was dead and went in pursuit of the perpetrator. The four of us quickly came to a cave and after a compulsion place upon the entrance went into effect the other three ran away while I proved to be the only one able to resist it. Before fleeing however, the dwarf threw in an explosive and the hag living inside was not happy about this. She set snakes of some sort after the three fleeing but not I for I had hidden myself well after seeing what the dwarf was doing. They mostly got away, with only the dwarf being forced to take measures. He cut off his leg to escape the vines and then made quite a masterful peg leg to replace it. He states that he has plans to replace it with a axe.

I took a bit of time exploring the city then when we got back and have also been informed that a campaign will be happening into the hinterlands against the orcs. This is exciting news. I’ve always wished to do something about those orcs and now there is an imperial campaign that I can ride along with. It will be interesting to see how far we can get. Probably not very far with just these goblins but maybe there will be others along for the campaign. I have not been told much right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment