Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Garrick the Warrior

It would seem that I was right in that we would find some job protecting from Avvar raids. One of the arls hired us to track down his daughter who had been kidnapped and so we went to do that after some time in this small town of Elmridge where I acquired some light leather armor and another axe. The arl has promised two gold pieces for this job if we bring back his daughter alive and one if we bring back her body or something similar.

Somewhere along the way to the place where his daughter got kidnapped we misplaced Pierre. I am not sure what happened but the five of us examined the site of the abduction and Brakor found that it likely was not an abduction. Rather odd. We took our newly acquired horses courtesy of the arl and started to follow the trail made into the mountain to see what had become of the daughter.

It wasn’t long before we came across what appeared to be a sky burial of some Avvar at the site of a fight. It is uncertain as to what happened there beyond several people dying. Where our target went from there is uncertain. After an attack by a red lion we went westward to investigate what was an excessive gathering of carrion birds to discover a site of slaughter. Some investigation revealed that our target was not there but someone else was as soon seven darkspawn emerged from the mists of the early morning. They were easily dispatched through the group’s effort in working together. Brakor took the center, with Zerenor taking his right side, I his left side, and Tin and Cerridwen providing support. It went quite well and we proceeded on our way, eventually coming to an Avvar village next to a mountain.

The Thane of the village welcomed us, with intentions to talk to us later, and then handed us off to someone else to talk to for a while. Shortly after that the local shaman called for us and we chatted with him for a little bit before he bid us farewell but not before pointing out a place to have drinks. It is odd to be in an Avvar village. I wonder if this is the one that my mother was from but I think not. I believe she was from a place called Frosthold and I think that this place is called Redhold. The elf is suspicious of me as well I think. I must be more careful with my spells.

No comments:

Post a Comment