Monday, October 28, 2013

Pathfinder-Ralen Bek-Day Six

Day Six

This was a truly eventful day for me. I awoke to find that several of my companions had gone off or been taken somewhere by magical means and were now equipped with new items of odd sorts. We also have an alchemist of sorts in the group now. The rogue has vanished it would seem. Hardly surprising. There was also a gnoll, a foul creature, in the room now. We did not delay and set off for the elevator to the lower levels than, taking this gnoll with us.

Alas, it would seem the elevator was a trap or perhaps we weighed too much for it as it collapsed when the first group went down. The gnoll died due to the fall and everyone else was okay with some damage. The rest of us climbed down on the rope and due to the commotion several kobolds entered the room with their mounts, a hideous creature called a slurk. They were quickly put down and we set off on the path that had the most travel upon it.

Several more kobolds fought us with one dying and the other retreating out of fear. We came across the one who had retreated soon after however and it attempted to barter with us, offering us items in exchange for my group leaving. We refused all offers that this peon gave us and demanded to speak the true authority in the area.

We were taken then through what remained to a throne room of the kobolds. There we questioned their king about the ritual whilst attempting to barter with him for the children and it was revealed to us that one of his brothers would be doing this ritual. We pointed out that this would be a prime opportunity for a usurpation and he agreed with us, executing the shaman quite quickly after he reached that conclusion after our argument.

However, the freedom of the children was not something so easily won. The king challenged me to a duel and as I am a paladin I accepted. His servants healed me, attempting to dull my reflexes then but a potion the barbarian had quickly fixed the matter. Combat was entered then in a hastily set up arena that canceled out arcane magic. I struck him several times with my ability to smite evil and we both threw each other into the boundaries of the arena, receiving shocks in the process until I fell.

When I awoke due to my god healing me for fighting well I found all but one of the kobolds to be dead or intoxicated. I destroyed the dagger the shaman had on him then and with the assistance of another brother of the now deceased kobold king we acquired the children and a companion of the halfling we had saved.

On the way out I killed the slattern responsible for this whole mess, the deceased kings wife. The summoner had wanted her as a slave but I said no and the matter was settled with the death of the kobold.

We then took all the children back to the town and were rewarded in various manners. One gave us nothing, another gold, the butcher has promised free meat to any of us, the ranger gave us the gold promised, and the last one, a necromancer, attempted to give us a halfling skeleton. I refused the last and so we settled on a spell for the sorceror.

I felt my god imbue me with more power than and he spoke to me of the powers I now have. I am now immune to all types of fear and I now have immunities to all diseases. Both are strike me as useful abilities though this immunity to fear gives me a bit of a pause. Fear is a useful thing to have. In addition, I acquired my first mercy and decided to acquire the ability to deal with shaken people.

To finish out the day we went to the blacksmith again and discovered that he had been replaced with another. I acquired a masterwork heavy wooden shield after several members of the group vanished into the back room with the new smith. I suspect we have a new job to do. I will find out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment